Harlan H. F. Wood is a trial lawyer specializing in representing the injured. Mr. Wood started his career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Blue Ridge Judicial Circuit. There, he prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases. The circuit assigned cases at their outset to the assistant district attorney – thus Mr. Wood handled countless motions, hearings, and jury trials. Through this practice Mr. Wood learned the art of advocating for those victimized. The transition from criminal practice to civil practice was both natural and seamless; the major change being the applicable statute. In civil practice Mr. Wood advocates for those who are victims of negligence and his fifteen years of courtroom experience serves his clients well.
Mr. Wood is also a proud member of United States Army Reserves in which capacity he currently serves as a Major branched in Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. Mr. Wood has the added experience of having represented parties in military courtroom settings which brings with it a vastly different set of rules and regulations. Advocacy is honed through experience, and his diverse experiences as a lawyer continue to provide Mr. Wood the opportunity to successfully represent and assist his clients. Mr. Wood cares deeply for his community. He offers pro-bono legal assistance on various matters to the large community of veterans in metropolitan Atlanta. Mr. Wood recently volunteered his services to a legal clinic sponsored by the GeorgiaState University Law School.
Mr. Wood and his wife, Elizabeth, live in the Ormewood Park neighborhood in Atlanta and maintain close ties with their neighbors,volunteer at various community oriented projects, and take great pride in their neighborhood, city, county and state.
In 2014, Mr. Wood’s efforts were realized through his inclusion into the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- State Bar of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals for the State of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Rank: Major, Branch: Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 2009 - present
- Rank: Captain, Branch: Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 2004 – 2009
- Rank: 1st Lieutenant, Branch: Engineer, 1998 – 2004
- Rank: 2nd Lieutenant, Branch: Engineer, 1996 – 1998
- Enlisted Soldier, Active Duty Army, 1989 – 1992
- Judge Advocate General Advance Course
- Judge Advocate General Basic Course
- Engineer Officer Basic Course
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Juris Doctor, 2000
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, 1996
University of Pittsburgh